In search of a good book? Look no further than your own community. The following is a list of UMass Boston MFA program alumni and Dorchester-based authors with books for purchase.
Don’t see your name? Send us your titles (and links) so we can add you to our list!
Umass Boston MFA Program Alumni
- Sam Cha: American Carnage (Portable Press @ Yo-Yo Labs, 2018), The Yellow Book (PANK Books, forthcoming November 2020)
- George Kovach: The Light Outside (Arrowsmith Press)
- Michele Harris: Blackdamp (David Robert Books, 2019)
- Krysten Hill: How Her Spirit Got Out (Aforementioned Productions, 2016)
- Emily Jaeger: The Evolution of Parasites (Sibling Rivalry Press, 2016)
- Karen Locascio: May All My Wounds Be Mortal (Hanging Loose Press, 2017)
- Mitch Manning: City of Water (Arrowsmith Press, 2019)
- Aly Pierce: The Visible Planets (Game Over Press, 2020)
- Bob Sykora: I Was Talking About Love-You Were Talking About Geography (Nostrovia Press, 2015)
- Angel Voras-Hills: Louder Birds (LSU Press, 2020)
- Jenn De Leon: Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From (Simon and Schuster, 2020)
- Lisa Duffy: The Salt House, This is Home, and My Kind of People (Simon and Schuster)
- Gene Kwak: Orphans Burning Orphans: Stories (Greying Ghost Press, 2015)
- Barbara Neely: the Blanche White mysteries (Brash Books)
- Calvin Hennick: Once More to the Rodeo (Pushcart Press, 2019)
- U-Meleni Mhlaba Adebo: Soul Psalms (She Writes Press, 2016)
- Sandra Kohler: The Country of Women (Calyx Press, 1995), The Ceremonies of Longing (UPitt Press, 2003), and Improbable Music (WordTech, 2011)
- Anna Ross: Hawk Weather (Finishing Line Press, 2009), If A Storm (Anhinga Press, 2012), and Figuring (Bull City Press, 2015).
- Ava M. Fields: Curse of the Thorn: Vol. 1 (Self-Published, 2019)